Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Journey to robust Windows Services

Because I have the need for it in several projects, I'm going to be working with Windows Services implemented with .NET quite a bit in the next little while. That said, I'd like to refer to some resources for working with Windows Services:

Also, there are some issues that I ran into while working on my first service. I had originally planned to expose a WCF endpoint through WS-HTTP, however, I can into an unpleasant exception when I tried to do so: AddressAccessDeniedException. Apparently, the cause of this is the fact that http bindings are reserved for processes run as administrators. Fool me once, shame on me. In light of that fact, I'm switching over to using net.tcp for my local Windows Service-hosted WCF service. I'll post more here as I learn it.

No comments: