> From: Jim Reynolds [mailto:jim.jreynold@(protected)]
> Subject: SSL Setup From Site
> 4) restarted tomcat, but I do not get ssl?
If you used the .exe download for Tomcat, you may have APR installed.
Its SSL configuration is rather different than that for Tomcat's pure
Java connector. The doc for APR is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5 (See http://cat-5.ora-code.com).5-doc/apr.html
Alternatively, disable APR by deleting or renaming bin\tcnative-1 (See http://ive-1.ora-code.com).dll,
and then the standard SSL handling (which appears to be what you
configured) will be in effect.
As it turned out, I did use the installer to do the install on the Win2k Server setup, whereas I didn't before. So I went and found $CATALINA_HOME/bin/tcnative-1.dll was indeed there, moved it out to another folder (since you should never delete thing like that in case they're not the problem), restarted Tomcat, and lo and behold, it worked. The amount of relief that got off my chest was huge. The config file I used for the install used this SSL connector in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml file :
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
So if you're having these problems in a Windows install of Tomcat and you're reading this, I hope this helps.