Friday, August 17, 2007

Moar (sic) Spring Batch !

I received a pleasant surprise in my inbox today (which doesn't happen often), and that surprise was an email from the Spring Batch team notifying me that they'd just released Spring Batch 1.0-M2 to the subversion repo and made it public. This was great because it gave me a chance to download the code and play around with it, look at the samples, and generally get an idea of what's coming for Spring Batch.

In case you weren't aware, I've been looking forward to the release of Spring Batch for quite a while because it can help me a great deal at work, where I'm already using the Spring Framework for my web applications. Unfortunately, the M2 release doesn't appear nearly ready for a production environment, but it's a start. I want more ! faster ! now !

No comments: