Sunday, February 25, 2007

I've lost all meaning for the term "day off"

I have. Really. I'm sitting around researching screen scrapers (because it'll be horribly useful for work, sadly) and while Googling and reading blogs, I've come across a very useful looking tool called Firebug (http://getfirebug.com/) that lets you inspect and modify a page's DOM in real time. The original thread that prompted this was of course searching for existing methods of web scraping. I found a pretty good looking thread on this guy's blog which I can't wait to try out at work on certain pages that I probably can't mention in a personal blog. Suffice it to say that the content of that blog entry has me convinced, now more than ever, that Firefox is hands down the best browser ever.

<edit> This page is super useful for learning screen scraping with Ruby </edit>

No comments: