Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Configuring MySQL for table case-insensitivity

While trying to add a recent update to our systems, I noticed that our demo system wouldn't start, which was very strange considering I had no problems on my local test system. I eventually traced the problem down to MySQL not being able to find certain tables. This was because I had created the tables in a different case than the Quartz library was expecting. My local testing box is a Windows box whereas our demo and production systems run Linux, the difference being that my Windows MySQL installation has case-insensitivity on by default, whereas the Linux installations do not. In order to remedy this, I had to explicitly add a line to my my.ini / my.cnf configurations :


You can determine the case-sensitivity of your own MySQL installation by logging in with the command line client or running the query browser and entering the following command :


No comments: