Monday, March 03, 2008

Software developers are arrogant assholes

Like the title of this post says, software developers are arrogant assholes. I can say that because I am one. The reason I say this is that I've been Googling like a mofo for articles related to RESTful development and RESTful web services servers using Ruby on Rails, and I must say that it's a real pain in the ass. The vast majority of the articles I'm able to find are in blog format, and are (as is typical with blog-style articles / tutorials) very vague, and don't provide enough detail for a learner to get going. Essentially, they make the assumption that you already know something about Ruby on Rails, and it's a rather hypocritical assumption for a tutorial / article to make. I will admit that I've been somewhat guilty of doing this same thing in my own blog whenever I've provided code examples, so it stops now. Any future "tutorials" on this blog are going to be as complete as possible, time constraints at work be damned. Vagueness cannot be allowed to continue.

No comments: