Thursday, November 29, 2007

Onward to Eclipse Europa ... and then right back

Ok, so after Eclipse Europa (3.3) has been out for quite some time, I decided to give it a try. I was shocked to discover a lot of the changes that had happend :
it seems that the Eclipse foundation has become Red Hat's bitch. There's a ton of new Red Hat sponsored / produced editors (none of which are very good.) There's a ton of useless JBoss integration. The editor overall is slower. All my hotkeys (save one or two, literally) were standard with installation in Eclipse 3.2, and are now broken in Eclipse 3.3. I'm severely disapponted after using Europa for three weeks. The only good part about it is that access to my SVN repository was considerably faster. And it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way about Europa. Get it together Eclipse.

Oh, and the thing that brought me to writing this post in the first place : the XML schema editor is flat out broken. What the fuck ?!

No comments: