Thursday, May 24, 2007

Branching out

I recently stumbled across a glowing review of the Wicket framework that made me want to research it and try it out. The author's main argument for Wicket was that it's pretty much just HTML and Wicket, as opposed to the combination of Spring, Spring Webflow, JSP, and tons of other stuff thrown into the mix. Unfortunately I really don't have the time to mess around with it right now, but I'll try to be back on this topic later.

*EDIT* : To add to the list of things I should really learn, Seam's going on the pile. It looks very cool and it's made by Gavin King, the maker of Hibernate. (I know I've bitched about how bad the Hibernate documentation is on numerous occasions, but really, I can't blame him since I hate doing documentation just about as much as if not more than the next guy)

No comments: