Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Useful PowerPoint Shit, Part 1 - Copying and Pasting Shape Attributes

I love using hotkeys to execute my tasks because they reduce the number of times my hand has to leave the keyboard and go for the mouse, and consequently accelerate the task at hand. I've recently had cause to start using PowerPoint a lot more as my role at the company where I work has shifted and my job description has changed somewhat.

That said, I've discovered this useful gem for copying attributes between shapes so that I don't have to use the mouse and navigate menus to clone items or otherwise search for paste options:

Copy the attributes of a shape
  1. Select the shape with the attributes that you want to copy. ...
  2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy the shape attributes.
  3. Press the TAB key or SHIFT+TAB to select the shape or object that you want to copy the attributes to.
  4. Press CTRL+SHIFT+V.


No comments: