Thursday, March 13, 2014

Developing a cape for the BeagleBone (Black)

Due to the needs of our company, we're developing an in-house cape for the BeagleBone Black to integrate it with our equipment. Yes, there are numerous capes already in existence, but they each provide a singular function that would require stacking in combination with other capes to meet our needs. Additionally, it increases the number of external vendors on which we must rely to meet our demands. Instead, we've chosen to create a custom cape that has multiple extensions on the same cape and integrates nicely with our existing board stacks. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with BeagleBone Black capes, so I'm going to be learning how to create the software necessary for a new cape and configure it using the Device Tree system on the BeagleBone Blacks. I'll be tracking my progress and things that I've learned on this blog for my own future reference and hopefully it'll even help out somebody else.

No comments: